viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2023

Bob Dylan: I Was young when I left home

        Foto: Desde Segóbriga (Cuenca), 30/10/2016 (Jorge Bassons)

Se trata de una reinterpretación de la tradicional «Five Hundred Miles» (a veces «Nine Hundred Miles») 

https://bob-dylan.org.uk/archives/9574

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/500_Miles

 I was young when I left home

An' I been out ramblin' 'roundAn' I never wrote a letter to my homeTo my home, Lord, to my homeAn' I never wrote a letter to my home
It was just the other dayI was bringin' home my payWhen I met an' old friend I used to knowSaid, your mother is dead an' goneEvery sisters all gone wrongAn' your daddy needs you home right away
I have a shirt on my backNot a penny on my nameBut I can't go home this wayThis way, Lord, Lord, LordAn' I can't go home this way
If you miss train, I'm onCount the days, I'm goneYou'll hear that whistle blow hundred milesHundred miles, honey baby, Lord, Lord, LordAn' you'll hear that whistle blow hundred mile
I've playin' on a track, ma would come an' woop me backOn 'em trusses down by Ol' Jim McKay'sWhen I pay the debt I owe to the commissary storeI will pawn my watch an' chain an' go homeGo home, Lord, Lord, LordI will pawn my watch an' chain an' go home
Used to tell my ma sometimesWhen I see them ridin' blindGonna make me home out in the windIn the wind, Lord, in the windMake me home out in the wind
I don't like it in the windI wanna back home againBut I can't go home this wayThis way, Lord, Lord, LordAn' I can't go home this way
I was young when I left homeAn' I been out ramblin' 'roundAn' I never wrote a letter to my homeTo my home, Lord, Lord, LordAn' I never wrote a letter to my home





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario